Benefits of STAR
Benefits To Seniors
STAR provides information and resources so seniors can stay healthy and active AND have liberal access to transportation programs. This helps in the following ways:
- Quality of Life – Seniors enjoy a higher quality of life when they are active and healthy and can get where they need to go.
- Stay healthier longer – By keeping active seniors avoid chronic conditions and suffer less physical pain.
- Age in Place – If seniors stay active and can access transportation services when they need them, they can stay in their homes longer.
- Affordable – If seniors live in their homes, they tend to spend less money to live.
- Independence – Independent seniors who are able to age in place rely less on family and friends in order to meet their own basic needs.
STAR Supported Ride Programs have the following benefits:
- Easy to use – Ride Programs enjoy stable financing and are more efficient so services can be consistent and predictable.
- Easy to pay – Since there are a variety of ways to pay, more seniors can access the services they need.
- Easy to understand – Monthly reports and information are sent to seniors, their families and the agency providing the rides.
- Affordable – A key objective of STAR is to use its size and reach to develop sponsorships and funding sources that will lower the per ride cost.
Benefits To the Families of Seniors
Because STAR is helping seniors to stay active and age in place, and all its activities are charitable, families have increased peace of mind knowing that:
- Quality of Life – By providing information and programs designed to keep seniors healthy and active, and by supporting senior specific ride programs, STAR helps seniors to enjoy a higher quality of life and stay in their own homes longer.
- Accessible, Predictable and Safe – STAR supported transportation services are accessible, predictable and safe so your family member can age in place and stay in their home as long as possible.
- Sustainable – STAR provides additional funding and resources so that transportation services are sustainable and less likely to be disrupted due to funding shortfalls or lack of capacity.
- Monthly Reports – Detailed monthly reports show all ride activity and corresponding costs so that STAR supported ride programs remain transparent and easy to understand.
- Affordable – Additional funding is generated by STAR and applied directly to individual Travel Accounts to make rides as affordable as possible.
Benefits To Seniors Agencies
STAR provides support to agencies that are directly serving seniors. STAR offers no operational direction or regulation:
- Operational Control Stays Small and Local – Control and management of all services provided to seniors remains with the agency so that services remain local and appropriate for the specific needs of the community they serve.
- Additional Funding – STAR uses its size and reach to access additional funds through grants, subsidies, joint fundraising and sponsorships so that transportation services can be stable and sustainable.
- Business Tools – STAR provides business planning tools that help agencies to plan and execute programs more easily and more efficiently.
- Detailed Reports – STAR provides detailed reports that can be used for communications, program evaluations, board reports and grant proposals. This makes it easier for agencies to stay transparent and accountable.
- Cash Management Support – Advance payments can be handled by STAR so cash handling is minimized.